Conferences are a great way to meet new people as well as take online-only relationships to an even deeper lever. You can also learn a ton at conferences.
But if you're not prepared before you go to a conference, you may come home frustrated. Conferences are often overwhelming and it's easy to get lost…
This episode of RED Podcast will help you make sure you meet the people you want, learn what you need, and have the experience you desire when attending a conference…
In This Episode:
- How to make sure your conference experience is a good one
- The absolute first thing you must do before deciding to attend a conference
- Why the “content” at conferences doesn't matter much (for some people)
- How to know if a brand new event will be any good…
- Does size matter?
- The only two reasons you should attend a conference
- How to approach people you want to meet (and when to approach them)
- David's “postcard trick”
- Do you really need a business card?
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Go Fire Yourself
- Podcast Movement
- South by Southwest
- Overnight Prints
- Never Leave Money On The Table (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- iPod Nano
- Amazon TV
A Conference Icebreaker…
If you like what we're doing here, we'd appreciate your help spreading the word. Perhaps you can leave a review on Stitcher or give us a good rating and review on Apple Podcasts…