What is a mastermind group? A small group of people, usually five to seven, that meets for the purpose of reinforcing growth and success, often in the area of business. A mastermind group offers both advice and support to members in order to help them grow more quickly than they'd be able to on their own.
You should be in one.
The concept was first made popular by Napoleon Hill's classic book, Think and Grow Rich. Get the audio book free with Audible trial. This book has 80,000,000 copies in print and every entrepreneur should read it.
In This Episode:
- How to start a mastermind group…
- The value you bring to a mastermind group (even if you're an “idiot”)
- Why you want to be the “dumbest guy in the room”
- What Laurel's dog can teach you about a creating good mastermind group
- Will successful people be open to joining your mastermind group? In most cases, yes! And here's why…
- Is it better to start a new mastermind group or join an already established group?
- Why Laurel recently left a mastermind group
- What to do if you've never been in a mastermind group before…
- Darwinism — How it works in mastermind groups
- Where to look for good people for your mastermind group
- How Laurel started her last two mastermind groups
- Which is better — a local, in-person mastermind or something done online?
- Why you should make people “apply” to join your mastermind group
- One place to put together a mastermind group in as little as a weekend
- Standards for people in your mastermind group (these are important!)
- A reason why you should join as many mastermind groups as you can (but only when you're first starting out)
- There is no point to having a mastermind group if this is happening…
- You don't want a mastermind group with people like these…
- Why David turned down a “$20,000,000 guru” from joining his mastermind group
- What to do when people miss a meeting…
- David's 4-step mastermind agenda (this is how to run your mastermind meeting)
- You may already be in a mastermind group and not even know it…
- How much structure should your mastermind group have?
- The best way you can offer value to the other people in your mastermind group
Links To Things We Talk About:
Get Your Mastermind Up-To-Speed By Doing This…
If you like what we're doing here, we'd appreciate your help spreading the word. For example, leave a review on iTunes…