Jon Acuff has a brand new book called Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck. To celebrate he’s here all week to talk about not only the book, but what it’s like to leave a “dream job” behind to pursue something more, dealing with people who don’t understand what you’re doing, and how to spread a message you feel passionate about.
On this episode of RED Podcast, Jon talks about his own “Do Over” and how the ups and downs of it have influenced not only his new book, but his entire life…
In This Episode:
- Why Jon walked away from a very public job
- The hardest type of book to write
- How to know when it’s time to make a big leap
- The worst boss Jon has ever had…
- Why even Hawaii can suck
- When it’s time to leave something behind…
- The difference between what people see from the outside and what’s really happening
- A lie you’ll hear a lot… (HINT: It involves being humble.)
- Why quitting your job isn’t usually like you see in the movies
- The hardest part about quitting a high-profile job
- Should you care what people think about you?
- The pros (and cons) of having a family when quitting your job (or running your own business)
- A reason to edit your own work
- How to increase empathy
- The day before a big launch — what it really feels like
- Why Jon didn’t let hit wife read his last book until after it was published
- A good reason to have “bad” reviews for you books (and why bad reviews of something actually help sales)
- Where real motivation comes from
- What happens when the “applause” stops
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Dave Ramsey
- Dreamers and Builders (Facebook Community)
- 30 Days of Hustle (Facebook Community)
- Do Over Pre-Order Perks
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Friends Make The Jump…
If you like RED Podcast, we’d appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). We’d also love it if you can review us on iTunes.