But when you get in front of an audience, lots of things can go right as well. Those who are willing to get on stage to speak have a tremendous advantage over people who don't. Every successful blogger, podcast, author, entrepreneur, and expert has made peace with speaking in public.
Want to improve your public speaking skills? I talked to dozens of professional speakers with advice on how to do just that…
In This Episode:
- Why public speaking gives you the ultimate leverage when spreading your business
- Four things you must do in the first seven seconds of being on stage — if you don't, you'll likely lose the respect of your audience
- A trick from a popular podcast produced by NPR that will help to keep your audience engaged
- How the bloggers who make the most money are doing it
- The reason the audience you're speaking to has a short attention span (and what to do about it)
- What Taylor Swift (and other entertainers) know about effective public speaking
- The very best thing about public speaking (for business or personal reasons)
- Why you shouldn't be fooled by “low numbers” in public speaking
- Everybody loves this speaking trick, yet few people use it
- A good reason to read The Bible (even if you're not Christian) — Don't have a Bible? You can use a Quran, too.
- The three elements of a good speech (or non-fiction book)
- Why PointPoint slides are usually a bad idea… (and how to make PowerPoint your bitch, if you must use it)
- A common speaking trick that may be stunting your growth as a great speaker
- How to appear less nervous (and more human) when speaking on stage
- Giving a presentation to a live audience? What you can learn from podcasters…
Links To Things I Talk About:
Thanks To The People Who Contributed To This Episode:
Help Your Friends Speak Up…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on iTunes would be great too.