The book goes up. Sometimes it hits the New York Times Bestseller List.
This episode of RED Podcast talks about how to get your book to the top of the Amazon charts, what it takes to get on the New York Times Bestseller List, and what happens to 99% of the books that use these promotion methods.
Can you do this with your book? Yes. Do you want to? Listen up, because that’s what I’m talking about…
In This Episode:
- Don’t have a book? How to use the “#1 on Amazon” strategy to promote any business
- The real value of hitting the New York Times Bestseller List
- Does the New York Times know its own charts are rigged?
- It’s great to be at the top of Amazon (but this is even better)
- Why a guy who sells fewer books than you do will hit the New York Times Bestseller List (and you won’t)
- How to make your book look more popular than it actually is
- KABOOM! Don’t do this…
- Which month is best to do a “#1 on Amazon” promotion?
- The secret to steady (and longterm) book sales
- Can you make the New York Times Best-Seller List by giving away books?
- Why I always buy books from people I know (even if they’re not any good)
- Three things you need to make $10,000 for a single speaking engagement
- The real definition of “#1 on Amazon”
- How Tim Ferriss sells a ton of books
- If you don’t have a good book, you better have this…
- Blowback? Will you get any? What will it look like?
- What #1 on a best-seller list really means
- Good reasons not to do a big promotion on Amazon (or anywhere else)
- What to do if you want longterm impact with your book
- Two versions of the “free book” promotion
- The New York Times’ “dagger” and what it means for your book
- Will hitting the New York Times Bestseller List make you more money? Not like you think…
- How many books you have to sell to be “#1 on Amazon”
- What readers on Amazon are looking for when deciding whether to purchase books
- Two reasons some authors lose money on a “#1 on Amazon” book promotion
- Why there are so many “#1 on Amazon” books
- The true power of 100 fans (and how to use it)
- The best time of day to have people buy your book on Amazon
Links To Things I Talk About:
Help Your Friends Sell More Books…
If you like RED Podcast, I’d appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on iTunes would be great too.