I haven't talked about this publicly, but for the last couple of years I've been trying to “figure things out.” The biggest problem was that my business wasn't as fun as it used to be…
So I did something about it last week. I've gotten feedback from people who were surprised by my decision, which I understand, but this has been a couple of years in the making, so it's not as shocking as it may sound when you first hear it. Putting out this podcast to document this period and also to have a place to send people who come to me with questions, because I'm ready to move forward.
In This Episode:
- Why high-profile clients may never mention your name in public
- How to tell a true artist
- The original of “Cold As Hell”
- What RED really stands for
- Motor City vs. Sin City
- My “factory” job — do you have one?
- Is 15 too old?
- You don't notice this happening… Until one day you do.
- When “what got you here” stops being fun
- Why music on the radio sucks
- “Country Music” = Village People
- Working around piracy…
- A good reason not to drop client names
- The question people ask me wherever I go
- A business lesson from dead musicians
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Music Business Radio
- Six-Figure Musician – How to Sell More Music, Get More People to Your Shows, and Make More Money in the Music Business (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- David Bowie Criticizes MTV for Not Playing Videos by Black Artists
- Steve Harvey Announces The WRONG Winner of Miss Universe 2015
- Aweber Mailing List Service
- 23 Hours
Help Your Friends Move Forward In Life…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on iTunes would be great too.