National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) held its International Christian Media Convention in Nashville this year. I attended for a couple of days, even though there is nothing about what I do in alignment with NRB's mission to “spread the life-changing Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through every electronic medium available.”
I talk about marketing here and I don't care if you're Christian, atheist, or somewhere in between.
Still, I know a good opportunity when it knocks… On this episode of RED Podcast, I talk about what I saw and what I learned at the event.
In This Episode:
- The most important characteristic of entrepreneurs
- Why I was in the same room as Ted Cruz
- What a church can teach you about blogging, podcasting, and online video
- A lesson on content creation from an old school motivational speaker
- The reason I personally edit every single episode of RED Podcast (even though there are professional audio editors who could do the job better)
- Is it a church or a shopping mall?
- Why it seems like Kirk Cameron is in every Christian movie
- What it takes to compete in the Christian movie business (or any movie business)
- There is no excuse for this…
- My connection to VeggieTales
- Two types of companies at a Christian business convention — which one are you?
- Why a 21-year-old life coach has a hard time getting business (even though he may be able to help you)
- The reason evangelical Christians can't stand Donald Trump — remember this when you next promote your business
- An advantage some atheist entrepreneurs have over Christians and other “religious” entrepreneurs (but only a slight advantage)
- The problem with putting your content on satellite television networks
- What Jesus would do…
- The lie marketers tell about selling books on Amazon
- Christian? Secular? Either way, this is the most effective form of marketing…
- A “feel good” marketing technique that will get you nowhere (so stop doing it immediately)
Links To Things I Talk About:
- $50 Podcast Microphone
- 5 Marketing Lessons from a Baptist Church
- Predatory Church Marketing
- 5 Marketing Lessons from a Hipster Church
Help Your Christian (And Atheist) Friends Make More Money…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.