Maybe you've received an email with this subject. It tells the story of how parents of a 15-year old boy find $71,000 cash hidden in his closet.
When his mother was cleaning and putting laundry away, she came across a large brown paper bag that was suspiciously buried beneath some clothes and a skateboard in the back of her 15-year-old son’s closet. She opened the bag and found it was full of cash — five dollar bills, twenties, fifties, and hundreds – all neatly rubber-banded in labeled piles.
Was the kid dealing drugs? Running a numbers game? Pimping girls?
No. She didn't think that.
“My first thought was that he had robbed a bank,” said the 41-year-old woman. “There was over $71,000 dollars in that bag. That’s more than my husband earns in a year!”
The woman immediately called her husband at the car dealership where he worked to tell him what she’d discovered. He came home right away and they drove together to the boy’s school to pick him up.
As it turns out, the boy had been sending out a “chain-letter” to email addresses he'd found online. He'd done it right from the computer in his bedroom.
It sounds like a great story… Unfortunately, it's not true.
But chain letters are real and, in this episode of RED Podcast, I discuss my experience with them as well as how you can apply their appeal to your business.
In This Episode:
- National Enquirer and other tabloid newspapers…
- It's not a felony to sell the plans (only to put it together and possess it)
- How to know if your ads are working (or not working)
- My letter from the Postal Inspector
- 5th-grade kid with a bunch of classified ads
- The best direct marketing education you'll get (and it's free)
- How even legitimate magazines are selling “work-from-home” and “make money” opportunities
- Why you should sell a “make money” opportunity even if your business has nothing to do with helping people make money
- What people are always looking for (and how to make sure you have it available for them)
- Why Trump won — it's the same reason he'll lose the next time around
- Imagine yourself on a date…
- The “something for nothing” marketing strategy that's making a killing on Facebook
- This business never fails — it always makes money
- How to get repeat buyers
- A way to start bringing in recurring money today
- The pros and cons of running an “anonymous” business
- “Money-Maker” vs Business
- Is Google controlling your business?
Links To Things I Talk About:
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.