Nov 17, 2014
You've got a new business (or an old one). Your thinking, "I'd be
in great shape if people only knew about what I'm doing..."
Maybe. So let's find out.
If you're looking to get the attention of press and media
people, it's probably not as hard as you think. With some
basic knowledge about what writers and reporters are looking for,
you'll be able to get the media coverage you want. And that's what
we walk about on this episode of RED Podcast...
What You'll Learn:
- Why the press isn't contacting you for a story (and how to fix
- Local vs. national media - how to approach each in a way
- Don't approach a podcast like this (it happens to us all the
- How reporters come up with good stories (and how you can
- 5 reasons the media will care about what you're doing (it's
even better if you give them more them one at a time)
- What's hot on Kickstarter right now (and why)
- Different ways to pitch your company (without changing anything
about the company itself)
- A sneaky marketing secret from a boy band
- The power of current events (and how to take advantage of
- A good reason why you shouldn't waste time on big people (like
- Why "weird" wins when approaching media
- A marketing lesson from a right-wing gun enthusiast
- How to start a conversation with reporters and other people in
- What reporters really want (it's not just a
- The pros and cons of sending a press release
- A good reason to start your promotion campaign with smaller
Links To Things We Talk About:
The Type Of Press We're Looking For...
If you like what we're doing here, we'd appreciate your help
spreading the word. For example, leave a review on iTunes…