Jan 23, 2015
blog boring? There's a fix for that.
Does your podcast entertain people or put them to sleep?
Seriously -- be honest with yourself.
Rik Roberts is professional comic who specializes in helping
people just like you be more entertaining and successful on stage.
And this starts with writing great material.
So whether you have a podcast, a blog, or both, what he says is
going to help you!
If you want to be a better performer and have great material to
deliver, listen up...
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of "escape" in your life
- Scared of getting on stage? Think
- Why it's ok to piss people off
- What to do if you mess up on stage (including an example
mistake we left in this podcast)
- How to keep your act/presentation fresh
- Have a podcast? Do this before you record
- A lesson about entertaining from Martin Short
- How to connect your audience (even when
you aren't your audience)
- What to do when you bomb on stage
- The one goal you should have when you get in front of an
- What people don't remember -- avoid this at all costs!
- Two ways to get people to remember you
- The "100 Gig" Rule
- Is it too late for you?
- A big problem podcasters have...and how to fix it.
- How to know who your audience is
- Why being a beginner can help you make money
- A good reason to have a co-host on your podcast
- The big challenge for successful people (this may be affecting
- How Chris Rock develops a world class television special
(and how long it takes)
- Are there some topics you shouldn't touch?
- A tricky thing for comics (and bloggers)
- Why you should set your expectations high
- You're not going to let that stop you, are you?
Links To Things We Talk About:
Here's A Place To Try Your New Material...
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend
(maybe even two). We'd also love it if you can review us on iTunes…