In a CBC interview Herjavec shared 10 rules for entrepreneurs. In this episode of RED Podcast, we discuss five of them… For the other five, listen to RED 111.
In This Episode:
- The high cost of cutting corners
- When it's most important that you believe in yourself (and your business)
- What to do when you find the business you've started isn't for you…
- This “bridges the gap” from where you are to where you want to be
- The dirty little secret of the music industry (and most industries)
- Why you shouldn't talk to your mother (or your barber) about your new business
- A big advantage of launching your business on Kickstarter (and it's not the money)
- The dangers of believing your own press
- Using Amazon.com as a research tool
- A business lesson from McDonald's
- The way to compete with big businesses (even if you don't have big money)
- How to test new products before you jump in
- Are your “customer” lying to you? A lot of times…
- Why people lie.
- The problem with peer-led groups like Toastmasters (which can make participating pointless)
- A reason to think ahead…
- How to make it so people can't catch up with you (or your business)
- Why Prince gave up on Warner Brothers
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Shark Tank
- Dragons' Den (CBC)
- The Lean Startup (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- William Hung on American Idol
- Without A Paddle
Help Other Entrepreneurs…
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...