Feb 7, 2015
is a writer/contributor for TODAY Parents, The Huffington Post,
AskMen.com, Parents Magazine, The Good Men Project, and CNN
Headline News. He's got a book deal and his own popular
blog, Daddy Doin' Work.
On this episode, I talk with Doyin about growing his business and
what happens when big media knocks on your door. If you're tired of
playing small and looking to make the jump from hundreds of
viewers to millions, listen up...
What You'll Learn:
- How "guest posts" on popular blogs really happen...
- What not to do when pitching guest
- How a dare from his wife lead to the viral photo that got him
- Want to get asked back when you do an interview? Do
- How a "best of" blog post gave his viral photo a second
- 133 interviews in a year -- the way it happens
- The way your life will change when you get real media
- Why you shouldn't worry about followers (or any kind of number
on social media)
- Where you should put your focus if you want to spread a
- A big problem faced by "internet celebrities"
- What you need to know about doing great interviews on
- The difference between speaking to a pre-school and a Fortune
- How to deal with haters
- A reason why many bloggers don't like Doyin (and may not
- Things to think about when getting your kids involved in your
- The double-edged sword of going viral
- Rules for cursing when you write (or podcast)
- No matter what you put up on your
blog, this is going to happen...
- What to do when you're starting a blog
Links To Things We Talk About:
Looking To Make Something Go Viral?
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend
(maybe even two). We'd also love it if you can review us on iTunes…