Doyin Richards is a writer/contributor for TODAY Parents, The Huffington Post, AskMen.com, Parents Magazine, The Good Men Project, and CNN Headline News. He's got a book deal and his own popular blog, Daddy Doin' Work.
On this episode, I talk with Doyin about growing his business and what happens when big media knocks on your door. If you're tired of playing small and looking to make the jump from hundreds of viewers to millions, listen up…
In This Episode:
- How “guest posts” on popular blogs really happen…
- What not to do when pitching guest posts
- How a dare from his wife lead to the viral photo that got him national attention
- Want to get asked back when you do an interview? Do this…
- How a “best of” blog post gave his viral photo a second wind
- 133 interviews in a year — the way it happens
- The way your life will change when you get real media attention
- Why you shouldn't worry about followers (or any kind of number on social media)
- Where you should put your focus if you want to spread a message
- A big problem faced by “internet celebrities”
- What you need to know about doing great interviews on television
- The difference between speaking to a pre-school and a Fortune 500 company
- How to deal with haters
- A reason why many bloggers don't like Doyin (and may not like you)
- Things to think about when getting your kids involved in your business
- The double-edged sword of going viral
- Rules for cursing when you write (or podcast)
- No matter what you put up on your blog, this is going to happen…
- What to do when you're starting a blog
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Daddy Doin' Work (the blog)
- Daddy Doin' Work: Empowering Mothers to Evolve Fatherhood (the book)
- Scary Mommy
Looking To Make Something Go Viral?
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...