Feb 14, 2015
is an entrepreneur with two decades of experience. His latest
company is 17 Hats and provides solutions to entrepreneurs who need
help with client communication, bookkeeping, invoicing, time
tracking, and getting more done in less time.
In this episode, Donovan reconstructs his successful
launch of 17 Hats and gives advice on how you can successfully
launch (or re-launch) your company.
What You'll Learn:
- How to launch a new company if you don't have a mailing
- The best way to get investment money for your new company
- How having money invested in your company changes things
- The real value of asking for feedback on your new idea
- A good reason to do an "invite-only" launch
- Doing multiple "launches"
- The double-edged sword of having a successful launch
- How to handle lots of feedback (and keep customers who give it
to you happy)
- Selling "trial" memberships? Here's a trick to make people sign
up for the real thing...
- How much should your charge for your product? How to test
- Why you want people to sign a long-term contract with you (it
has nothing to do with money)
- What investors look for in new companies
- The downside of taking money from investors
- Why "tension" in your company can be a good thing
Links To Things We Talk About:
Need Practice Launching Something?
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend
(maybe even two). We'd also love it if you can review us on iTunes…