Jon Acuff has a brand new book called Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck. This is Part 2 of “Do Over Week” and we’re talking about how to reinvent your work and what it really takes to go after your dreams.
In This Episode:
- The surprising place Jon learned how to use Twitter
- How to know if something is a true calling or a fantasy
- Why “projections” about your future never happen like you think they will (and why this is a good thing)
- Most people won’t tell you when you’re losing touch with reality — here’s how to make sure this never happens to you
- The way to make sure you get honest feedback
- If you’re doing to follow a dream, do this first…
- The main difference between fantasy and reality
- Jon’s two beliefs about you (even though he doesn’t personally know you) — this is the reason he writes books
- Nobody talks about this…
- Why people fake stuff online
- The reason charisma will only take you so far (and what you have to do to take things to the next level)
- What to do when you’re a writer and you’re “out of words”
- How to get anything done
- The one question to ask yourself when going after a dream — the answer to this will guarantee you have success
- If you want to build a sustainable business, you better do this…
- Nervous about asking for money? Here’s the solution.
- The two parts of bravery
- If you create something great, you need to do this (and if it’s not great yet, here’s how to make it that way)
- What will keep you moving forward with your dream
- Why we look for “haters”
- Don’t like what you’ve been dealt? Do this.
- The difference between fear and regret
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Dave Ramsey
- Neighbor’s Table
- The Pit
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Friends Reinvent Their Work…
If you like RED Podcast, we’d appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you’ll never miss an episode.
10 Rules For "Renegade" Experts