Jon Acuff has a brand new book called Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck. This is Part 2 of “Do Over Week” and we're talking about how to reinvent your work and what it really takes to go after your dreams.
In This Episode:
- The surprising place Jon learned how to use Twitter
- How to know if something is a true calling or a fantasy
- Why “projections” about your future never happen like you think they will (and why this is a good thing)
- Most people won't tell you when you're losing touch with reality — here's how to make sure this never happens to you
- The way to make sure you get honest feedback
- If you're doing to follow a dream, do this first…
- The main difference between fantasy and reality
- Jon's two beliefs about you (even though he doesn't personally know you) — this is the reason he writes books
- Nobody talks about this…
- Why people fake stuff online
- The reason charisma will only take you so far (and what you have to do to take things to the next level)
- What to do when you're a writer and you're “out of words”
- How to get anything done
- The one question to ask yourself when going after a dream — the answer to this will guarantee you have success
- If you want to build a sustainable business, you better do this…
- Nervous about asking for money? Here's the solution.
- The two parts of bravery
- If you create something great, you need to do this (and if it's not great yet, here's how to make it that way)
- What will keep you moving forward with your dream
- Why we look for “haters”
- Don't like what you've been dealt? Do this.
- The difference between fear and regret
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Dave Ramsey
- Neighbor's Table
- The Pit
Get The RED Podcast App – It's FREE!
Help Your Friends Reinvent Their Work…
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...