Jon Acuff has a brand new book called Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck. This episode talks about his writing process, how he built a large and passionate audience, and how you can do the same.
In This Episode:
- “The family adventure” and why it’s so important in business (and life)
- How to build a career
- The 21-year-old “kid” who schooled Jon on marketing
- What to do when nobody shows up for your party (or everybody shows up)
- “Awkwardness” and why you want more of it in your life
- The best teacher you’ve ever had
- Want a big audience? Work on this first…
- The reason books sell
- How to have impact
- Why Jon rejected almost 50 book cover ideas to get to the one he used for for “Do Over”
- “Good Enough” versus “Awesome”
- The coolest (and tastiest) book promotion ever
- How Jon Acuff writes books
- The more successful you become, the more this happens to you… (It’s not what you think.)
- Why great authors only release one book (and how to make sure you can release as many great books as you want)
- The reason Jon loves a work commute
- FOMO and why it happens
- Why we can trick ourselves into anything (good or bad)
- You must to this before you release a creative project (It’s not easy — in fact, it still scares Jon)
- Why you shouldn’t talk about Uber in NYC
- The people who see things that you’re not seeing
- A question to ask yourself about skinny jeans (or mom jeans)
- The garbage part of leadership
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Six-Figure Musician – How to Sell More Music, Get More People to Your Shows, and Make More Money in the Music Business (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Dave Ramsey
- Dreamers and Builders (Facebook Community)
- 30 Days of Hustle (Facebook Community)
Get The RED Podcast App – It's FREE!
Help Your Friends Make An Impact…
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...