Forbes named Dorie Clark one of “25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch.” She has a brand new book called Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It and this is exactly what we talk about on this episode of RED Podcast…
What You’ll Learn:
- Is the term “thought leader” just an ego stroke?
- Why potential clients lie (and how to find out what's really going on)
- The reason you're not getting the business you want
- How to come up with a “breakthrough” idea
- The importance of sustained reflection
- Why you're not innovating
- The one thing you need to come up with a good idea (it's not time)
- What to do once you have a good idea
- How to build a following
- Why people feel trapped (and how to know when it's time to move on to something new)
- The three-step process to spread ideas
- One-to-one idea transmission (and why it's important)
- Sharing your work with others (even when it's scary)
- What makes an idea “catch fire”
- Are you talking about yourself too much?
- Why books (and ideas) sell
- Starting from the bottom
- How to start a movement
- Playing the edges in life and business
- Where innovation comes from
- Pushing your ideas through (and moving things forward)
- Two questions to ask when you want to get results
- Reinvention and why it's so scary
- Do you really want to go to work on Monday morning?
- How to figure out your current “brand” (and strengths that you can build upon)
- Creating a vision
- Getting a book deal
Links To Things We Talk About:
- Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Dorie Clark
Help This Message Stand Out…
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED Podcast, subscribe via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...