Apr 17, 2015
you're getting lost in the noise of social media and business?
Forbes named Dorie Clark one of “25 Professional Networking Experts
to Watch.” She has a brand new book called Stand
Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following
Around It and this is exactly what we talk about on this
episode of RED Podcast...
What You’ll Learn:
- Is the term "thought leader" just an ego stroke?
- Why potential clients lie (and how to find out what's really
- The reason you're not getting the business you want
- How to come up with a "breakthrough" idea
- The importance of sustained reflection
- Why you're not innovating
- The one thing you need to come up with a good idea
(it's not time)
- What to do once you have a good idea
- How to build a following
- Why people feel trapped (and how to know when it's time to move
on to something new)
- The three-step process to spread ideas
- One-to-one idea transmission (and why it's important)
- Sharing your work with others (even when it's scary)
- What makes an idea "catch fire"
- Are you talking about yourself too much?
- Why books (and ideas) sell
- Starting from the bottom
- How to start a movement
- Playing the edges in life and business
- Where innovation comes from
- Pushing your ideas through (and moving things forward)
- Two questions to ask when you want to get results
- Reinvention and why it's so scary
- Do you really want to go to work on Monday
- How to figure out your current "brand" (and strengths that you
can build upon)
- Creating a vision
- Getting a book deal
Links To Things We Talk About:
Help This Message Stand Out...
If you like RED Podcast, we'd appreciate you telling a friend
(maybe even two). We'd also love it if you can review us on iTunes…