Jul 8, 2015
The majority of
people are scared to speak in front of an audience. And for good
reason... Lots of things can go wrong.
But when you get in front of an audience, lots of things can go
right as well. Those who are willing to get on stage to speak have
a tremendous advantage over people who don't.
Every successful blogger, podcast, author, entrepreneur, and
expert has made peace with speaking in public.
Want to improve your public speaking skills? I talked to dozens of
professional speakers with advice on how to do just
What You'll Learn:
- Why public speaking gives you the ultimate leverage when
spreading your business
- Four things you must do in the first seven
seconds of being on stage -- if you don't, you'll likely lose the
respect of your audience
- A trick from a popular podcast produced by NPR that will help
to keep your audience engaged
- How the bloggers who make the most money are doing it
- The reason the audience you're speaking to has a short
attention span (and what to do about it)
- What Taylor Swift (and other entertainers) know about effective
- The very best thing about public speaking (for
business or personal reasons)
- Why you shouldn't be fooled by "low numbers" in public
- Everybody loves this speaking trick, yet few people use it
- A good reason to read The Bible (even if you're not Christian)
-- Don't have a Bible? You can use a Quran, too.
- The three elements of a good speech (or non-fiction
- Why PointPoint slides are usually a bad idea... (and how
to make PowerPoint your bitch, if you must use it)
- A common speaking trick that may be stunting your growth as a
- How to appear less nervous (and more human) when speaking
- Giving a presentation to a live audience? What you can learn
Links To Things I Talk
Thanks To The People Who Contributed To This
Help Your Friends Speak Up...
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe
even two). And if you really like RED,
a review on iTunes would be great too.