A lot of the “learn to podcast” guys say that everybody should have a podcast. That's not true. Podcasting is not for everybody.
Is podcasting for you?
That's the topic of this episode of RED Podcast…
In This Episode:
- Two reasons why radio was the only game in town (until now)
- How I got on broadcast radio (and why you might want to skip trying to do the same thing)
- If you don't have “radio” experience, two things you can do to become a great podcast host
- Why people aren't listening to radio anymore
- A business lesson from radio — this will apply to you even if you don't have a podcast (or never start one)
- What put podcasting on the map
- The two things you need to commit to in order to have a successful podcast
- How radio affects podcasts
- Starting a podcast for around $60
- The biggest challenge you'll face as a podcaster — this affects even experienced (and popular) podcasters
- A podcasting lesson from book authors
- What dedication to a podcast looks like (you'll need to do this)
- Why audio is the podcast format of choice (and good reasons not to bother with video at all)
- The truth about how many listeners you need to have a successful podcast
- Competition in podcasting — why it's good for new podcasts
- How the iPhone (not the iPod) introduced podcasting to the general public
- Is podcasting for you?
- The “Ashley Madison” rule of podcasting
- Starting a podcast for only $60
- How to become a great podcast host
- Why most podcast hosts suck
- The reason this episode of RED Podcast is late…
- A good reason to not even considering doing video podcasts
- How to handle fans of you podcast
- Can you really make money at podcasting?
Links To Things I Talk About:
- RED Podcast Equipment List
- School Of Podcasting
- Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!)
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
- Vegan Black Metal Chef: The Seitanic Spellbook
Save Your Entrepreneur Friends Some Time…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...