A lot of the “learn to podcast” guys say that everybody should have a podcast. That's not true. Podcasting is not for everybody.
Is podcasting for you?
That's the topic of this episode of RED Podcast…
In This Episode:
- Two reasons why radio was the only game in town (until now)
- How I got on broadcast radio (and why you might want to skip trying to do the same thing)
- If you don't have “radio” experience, two things you can do to become a great podcast host
- Why people aren't listening to radio anymore
- A business lesson from radio — this will apply to you even if you don't have a podcast (or never start one)
- What put podcasting on the map
- The two things you need to commit to in order to have a successful podcast
- How radio affects podcasts
- Starting a podcast for around $60
- The biggest challenge you'll face as a podcaster — this affects even experienced (and popular) podcasters
- A podcasting lesson from book authors
- What dedication to a podcast looks like (you'll need to do this)
- Why audio is the podcast format of choice (and good reasons not to bother with video at all)
- The truth about how many listeners you need to have a successful podcast
- Competition in podcasting — why it's good for new podcasts
- How the iPhone (not the iPod) introduced podcasting to the general public
- Is podcasting for you?
- The “Ashley Madison” rule of podcasting
- Starting a podcast for only $60
- How to become a great podcast host
- Why most podcast hosts suck
- The reason this episode of RED Podcast is late…
- A good reason to not even considering doing video podcasts
- How to handle fans of you podcast
- Can you really make money at podcasting?
Links To Things I Talk About:
- RED Podcast Equipment List
- School Of Podcasting
- Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Recipes for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!)
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
- Vegan Black Metal Chef: The Seitanic Spellbook
Save Your Entrepreneur Friends Some Time…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
10 Rules For "Renegade" Experts