But I didn't “get” podcasting…
To bring me up to speed, I hired one guy, Dave Jackson from School Of Podcasting. On this episode Dave shares his secrets so you can successfully create your own podcast.
How to do a podcast the right way is what we're talking about on this episode…
In This Episode:
- A major business advantage of having a podcast (even if nobody listens to it)
- Why podcasts are better than blogs and email newsletters
- The biggest driver in your business
- How consistent does your podcast need to be?
- When (and where) an audience will start to interact with you and your podcast
- How to get repeat listeners for your podcast
- The big difference between reading a blog and listening to a podcast (HINT: Knowing this will change your business)
- A great reason to have a co-host for your podcast (even if you're comfortable doing it yourself)
- Is somebody else already doing a podcast on the topic you cover (or want to cover)? Why it doesn't matter…
- Booking guests for your podcast? How to “win” even when somebody says no to an interview request
- Building strong relationships through podcasting
- When people will say yes to interview requests
- Should everybody have a podcast?
- How podcasting has helped Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income
- The type of podcast you absolutely shouldn't start (at least not for business)
- Why you don't like the sound of your voice (and what you really sound like)
- Podcasting and car stereos
- A quick way to come up with ideas for your podcast episodes
- Why it's pretty hard to make a bad-sounding podcast (and how to make sure you don't do this)
- Should you script your podcast? The pros and cons…
- Why podcast advertising is so effective
- A radio trick to build rapport with your audience
- How to make the “news” you deliver more entertaining
- Can a podcast be too personal? How to figure out how much to share (and how much is too much)
- Are podcasters narcissists? Sometimes…
- The inspiration for RED Podcast
- How to make podcasting painless
- Why your podcast doesn't have to be perfect to be good
Links To Things I Talk About:
- School Of Podcasting
- Me, Inc. (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Face the Music: A Life Exposed (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
- Electro Voice RE-20 Cardioid Microphone
- Ask The Podcast Coach
Have A Friend With A Great Radio Voice?
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...