Pat Flynn is best known for his Smart Passive Income blog (and related online content), which allows him to bring in over $100,000 every month.
In just a couple of months, he's unleashing something new — a book.
You want to watch this launch. And that's why I've got Pat on this episode of RED Podcast…
In This Episode:
- Will your idea make money? Before you think about that, think about this first…
- Why Pat waited so long to write a book
- What to do when you have 80,000 words on paper
- How Pat used his podcast to validate his book idea
- The motivation behind Pat's new book
- Pat's biggest fear about writing (and publishing) a book
- The pressure that comes when everybody is watching you (and your book launch)
- The downside of having everybody (my word, not his) love you
- 5000 people answered Pat's pre-book survey — what did they say?
- How “4-Hour Workweek” inspired Pat's book
- An illegal test used by old school direct-marketers that works like gangbusters to see if your business idea is good (don't do it, but use the idea behind it)
- There are two reasons most entrepreneurs don't have a book — this is the biggest one
- How to make writing a book as easy as writing a blog post
- Why Pat doesn't use Scrivener
- The first thing Pat does when he gets an idea for a book
- Pros and cons of dictating a book
- A $3 office supply that will help you organize your book (and simplify your writing process)
- Pat's 90/10 writing experiment
- Two books every author must read
- What great books and great songs have in common
- The one thing you must know before you start writing your book (it's not what you think)
- Do you self-edit? A trick to break that habit…
- Having trouble finding the time to write your book? Try this…
- The different types of book editors (and which ones you need for your book)
- Who Pat used to edit his new book
- Why a book (instead of writing additional blog posts)
- PAT FLYNN IS SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK?! Yes.
- PAT FLYNN TURNED DOWN MULTIPLE SIX-FIGURE ADVANCE OFFERS FROM MAJOR PUBLISHERS?! Yes.
Links To Things I Talk About:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Will It Fly? – The Book
- ProCoach Academy
Help Your Friends Write Their Books…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...