National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) held its International Christian Media Convention in Nashville this year. I attended for a couple of days, even though there is nothing about what I do in alignment with NRB's mission to “spread the life-changing Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through every electronic medium available.”
I talk about marketing here and I don't care if you're Christian, atheist, or somewhere in between.
Still, I know a good opportunity when it knocks… On this episode of RED Podcast, I talk about what I saw and what I learned at the event.
In This Episode:
- The most important characteristic of entrepreneurs
- Why I was in the same room as Ted Cruz
- What a church can teach you about blogging, podcasting, and online video
- A lesson on content creation from an old school motivational speaker
- The reason I personally edit every single episode of RED Podcast (even though there are professional audio editors who could do the job better)
- Is it a church or a shopping mall?
- Why it seems like Kirk Cameron is in every Christian movie
- What it takes to compete in the Christian movie business (or any movie business)
- There is no excuse for this…
- My connection to VeggieTales
- Two types of companies at a Christian business convention — which one are you?
- Why a 21-year-old life coach has a hard time getting business (even though he may be able to help you)
- The reason evangelical Christians can't stand Donald Trump — remember this when you next promote your business
- An advantage some atheist entrepreneurs have over Christians and other “religious” entrepreneurs (but only a slight advantage)
- The problem with putting your content on satellite television networks
- What Jesus would do…
- The lie marketers tell about selling books on Amazon
- Christian? Secular? Either way, this is the most effective form of marketing…
- A “feel good” marketing technique that will get you nowhere (so stop doing it immediately)
Links To Things I Talk About:
- $50 Podcast Microphone
- 5 Marketing Lessons from a Baptist Church
- Predatory Church Marketing
- 5 Marketing Lessons from a Hipster Church
Help Your Christian (And Atheist) Friends Make More Money…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...