I got the voice mail a couple of days ago. It was a strange, computerized voice telling me I was in trouble for not paying taxes and it was my last shot to get things resolved without going to court (or being arrested).
I knew it was a scam, but I was curious… I called back and here is what happened.
I wanted to know more about how this business operates, so I kept calling different call centers until I found somebody willing to give me the inside scoop. This episode contains a recording of that conversation. It explains the business behind the “IRS Phone Scam” and what you can learn from it to apply to your business.
In This Episode:
- How electronic payments people make to the call center get converted to cash
- Who owns the call center?
- The “Dealer” and how he works
- Does the “IRS Scam” have a good conversion rate?
- How call centers involved in this business get leads
- What the inside of a call center looks like
- The reason why some people in the call center are working there
- How much money can you make working in an illegal call center? (HINT: Not much.)
- What call center workers do when they run out of phone numbers…
- “Scam Training” — what it looks like
- Where fake names call center workers come from
- What US politicians and illegal call centers have in common
- The easiest way to get people to take action (but not necessarily the best way)
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Clash Royale
- Phone Scams Continue to be a Serious Threat
- If you believe you've been a victim of an IRS Impersonation Scam, report the call here.
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Make Money The Honest Way…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...