Go to any major entertainment city like Nashville, New York, or Los Angeles, and you'll see two types of artists — those who are making a ton of money and those who are broke.
The same is true for entrepreneurs and “experts.”
What's the difference?
Skill? No. Looking at all the mediocre people out there who make good money, you should know that one…
In This Episode:
- Two sides of the “starving artists” argument…
- How do some artists make so much money while others barely get by?
- Are great artists born or made?
- The first element of creating great art
- Why Vanilla Ice spent 20 years being bitter
- How to make a ton of money quickly (and then burn out)
- This is why most podcasts fail…
- The reason Krusty the Clown has nothing to worry about
- Why people leave successful bands (and the sex, drugs, and notoriety that comes with them)
- Gay Pride?! What the #$%&?!
- Bad reviews on Amazon — my perspective
- Let's get real… Can you really make money with your art?
- What happens when two different comics tell the same joke…
- Where do good ideas come from?
- Job security for experts and the self-employed — what this looks like.
- Originality in marketing — how important is it?
- Two things you must have going for you to make money with your expert business
- How did Hunter S. Thompson get to be such a great writer?
- How Chris Rock gets ready for an HBO special
- What Arsenio Hall is doing now…
- How to create perfect work (and art)
- Making money as an artist (and as an entrepreneur)
- Getting paid twice
- Do the work once (and keep getting paid)
- How I've walked away from “real work” for almost a decade…
- HEEEEYYY, Macarena!!
- A $1,000,000 t-shirt business
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Real Artists Don't Starve (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Stu Gray
- Rik Roberts
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- The War of Art (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life's Work (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- The Oregon Trail
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.