Want to be a better podcast host? The best way is to put more time behind the mic, recording yourself, and then editing those recordings.
The second best way? Public speaking. And one of the best ways to become a better public speaker is via the speaking club known as Toastmasters.
But there are some problems with Toastmasters… To get the most out of it as a podcaster, you need to make a few tweaks. In this episode, I talk about how to do that.
In This Episode:
- Presenting… Mr. and Mrs. Dumbass
- It's Dumas? Sorry…
- The (really boring) secret to delivering a smooth podcast
- A good reason to have a producer for your podcast
- Why I edit my own podcast (even though I'm surrounded by talented audio engineers)
- Ummmm… Why… errrr…. you don't… uhhhh… know how you sound on your podcast
- Recording an audio book? The big mistake you're probably making…
- How to better communicate your message — this works for podcasts, blogs, and books
- Why care about speaking mistakes when everything can be edited later?
- An easy way to make people listen to you
- The easiest (and more effective way) to market your expertise
- Why most “marketers” fail at podcasting
- Toastmasters — the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Is Toastmasters a cult? Why some people think so…
- People who can't shut up about Alcoholics Anonymous
- How Toastmasters is like a gay softball league
- The 10 “Competent Communicator” speeches every Toastmaster starts with
- Your first Toastmaster speech
- What I don't like about Toastmasters
- Atheist inside a Christian church (well, if you consider Unitarians Christian…)
- The number one thing that's going to help you attract an audience for your message
- A black Marlboro Man?! Yep…
Links To Things I Talk About:
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by VideoBlocks. Get unlimited, royalty-free video downloads to use any way you want. Tell them RED Podcast sent you and get a free 7-day trial to check it out.
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
10 Rules For "Renegade" Experts