Jon Acuff makes writing (and selling) books easy. How does he do it?
He actually finishes them. Without this part, any work you do on a book (or other project) might as well not exist.
In other words, if you're not going to finish, why even start? Even a project that's “99% complete” is about as helpful as a piece of exercise equipment you've only used once.
In his new book, Finish – Give Yourself The Gift Of Done, Jon Acuff talks about the most important part of the creative process — how to finish.
How can you finish your big project? Listen up…
In This Episode:
- 3 things you need to build a big following, get respect, and make money in the “expert business”
- The #1 problem for people like us?
- What happens after you get a “great” idea…
- The reason books (and other creative projects) die
- Why I dropped writing my current book and started writing another book
- What I found on my old hard drive…
- A “dirty saying” that isn't dirty at all — it just sounds dirty!
- The technique I used to finish my last book
- What you never see from successful entrepreneurs
- The original “fake news” — do you believe it?
- How to get what you want (with ease)
- The BS gurus talk about on podcast interviews…
- One-hit wonders (and why they're so common)
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Finish – Give Yourself The Gift Of Done (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- BIG Podcast
- Do Over (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Turning Pro (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Bird By Bird (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Tripp Lanier
- Think And Grow Rich (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Jon Acuff's Do Over
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by VideoBlocks. Get unlimited, royalty-free video downloads to use any way you want. Tell them RED Podcast sent you and get a free 7-day trial to check it out.
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.
10 Rules For "Renegade" Experts