There's a guy in my neighborhood who makes a living going door-to-door and offering various products and services, usually odd jobs like lawn mowing.
I hired him and asked him about his business — how he established it and how he keeps it going.
There's no better sales training than door-to-door work. You learn a lot about people and what makes them buy when you're nose-to-nose and toes-to-toes with them.
That's the subject of this episode…
In This Episode:
- This happens every time a stranger knocks on my door…
- The history of door-to-door sales in the United States
- Why people put fruit in Jell-O
- The reason successful entrepreneurs are always starting over… Always.
- How I ended up in the music business (and how I was able to leave)
- Where to start a business
- “God vs. Satan”
- You'll never believe why this lady didn't buy the exact same thing for a lower price…
- How one “company” bought low and sold very high…
- Instant Rapport – You've done this by accident (and how you can do it with customers)
- Getting new clients
- Leveraging old clients
- How to handle when a potential client rejects your offer
- Showing the market (and people in it) that you're serious about what you do…
- Why Jon Acuff's new book is outselling his previous book
- Pissing off kids in the neighborhood
- The famous musician who said, “No thanks.”
- How BIG businesses are built
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Broadcast Supply Worldwide (BSW)
- Finish – Give Yourself The Gift Of Done (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Do Over (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- BIG Podcast
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by VideoBlocks. Get unlimited, royalty-free video downloads to use any way you want. Tell them RED Podcast sent you and get a free 7-day trial to check it out.
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great too.