There's a guy in my neighborhood who makes a living going door-to-door and offering various products and services, usually odd jobs like lawn mowing.
I hired him and asked him about his business — how he established it and how he keeps it going.
There's no better sales training than door-to-door work. You learn a lot about people and what makes them buy when you're nose-to-nose and toes-to-toes with them.
That's the subject of this episode…
In This Episode:
- This happens every time a stranger knocks on my door…
- The history of door-to-door sales in the United States
- Why people put fruit in Jell-O
- The reason successful entrepreneurs are always starting over… Always.
- How I ended up in the music business (and how I was able to leave)
- Where to start a business
- “God vs. Satan”
- You'll never believe why this lady didn't buy the exact same thing for a lower price…
- How one “company” bought low and sold very high…
- Instant Rapport – You've done this by accident (and how you can do it with customers)
- Getting new clients
- Leveraging old clients
- How to handle when a potential client rejects your offer
- Showing the market (and people in it) that you're serious about what you do…
- Why Jon Acuff's new book is outselling his previous book
- Pissing off kids in the neighborhood
- The famous musician who said, “No thanks.”
- How BIG businesses are built
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Broadcast Supply Worldwide (BSW)
- Finish – Give Yourself The Gift Of Done (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- Do Over (Get the audio book free with Audible trial.)
- BIG Podcast
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by VideoBlocks. Get unlimited, royalty-free video downloads to use any way you want. Tell them RED Podcast sent you and get a free 7-day trial to check it out.
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, subscribe now via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...