I got started in radio because I was in a band and I thought being affiliated with a radio station would help me get my music on the air.
It doesn't work like that.
The good news is that this “mistake” has enabled me to do hundreds of interviews. On this episode of RED Podcast, I talk about the interview process and what it takes for you to do a great podcast (or radio) interview. Whether you're hosting the interview or a guest, you'll find this information helpful…
In This Episode:
- Why I don't do a lot of interviews on RED Podcast (keep this in mind if you have a podcast)
- The worst thing that can happen to you when you do a podcast interview — this is going to happen sooner or later…
- Bad interviews (and why they happen)
- What to do when you have a bad interview — you have two choices
- How to salvage a bad interview — do this when you get a guest who can't deliver
- Did your interview with somebody suck? Exactly what to do so you don't embarrass yourself (and when to do it)
- Three “agreements” you must have before doing a podcast interview — if you don't get these, don't do the interview
- The “pre-interview” and why some people (amateurs) don't like them…
- You're in charge of any interviews you do — how to start acting like it
- Bad audio quality and how to make sure it doesn't happen to you
- How much time it takes to do a “good” interview
- The “interview ratio” and why it's important to follow it
- When the best interviews happen
- Pros (and cons) of small talk — most podcasters screw this up BIG TIME!
- How to make a rock star nervous
- Why do many mistakes make it to the final interview (and how to catch mistakes as they happen)
- The #1 reason people get nervous when doing an interview with you
- What to do after your podcast interview is over
- How to handle a “bad” interview (and when to handle it)
- Quality interviews (and how they happen)
- Three reasons guests will promote your podcast — this is why most guests never do this
- Can good marketing will hurt your podcast? Yes! Here's how to make sure marketing helps you…
Links To Things I Talk About:
- Kary Oberbrunner Interview
- Alexandra Harbushka Interview
- RED Podcast Guest Form
- School Of Podcasting
- Schedule Once
- Book Like A Boss
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, subscribe now via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...