A year ago, I had a chat with Jeff Sanders about book publishing. We talked about his experience with his first book, The 5AM Miracle.
I asked him if he'd sign a publishing contract for future books. He said no.
I ran into him a week later and he told me, “I've just signed another book deal.”
This is Part 1 of a three-part series on how the writing and publishing process for this book, The Free-Time Formula: Finding Happiness, Focus, and Productivity No Matter How Busy You Are, went down. Everything in the series was done in realtime, as it was happening. This episode contains a conversation I had with Jeff right after he had signed the contract with his publisher, Wiley.
In This Episode:
- Why say “yes” to a large book publisher
- The pros and cons of self-publishing a book
- How Jeff was “discovered” by a book publisher
- Jeff's podcast and how it helps him get his book deals
- Big Book Publisher vs. Small Book Publisher
- Working with a book editor
- Breaking up a big book project into smaller, more managable parts
- The pressure of delivering a high-quality book
- Jeff's advice for getting a book deal
Links To Things I Talk About:
- The Free-Time Formula: Finding Happiness, Focus, and Productivity No Matter How Busy You Are
- 5AM Miracle Podcast
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s FREE!
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People…
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED, subscribe now via Apple Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.
It's Time To Grow Your Podcast...
Let me help you.
Give me your best email address and I'll send you my "Audience Attraction Cheat Sheet" with 25 episode templates proven to attract new (and loyal) listeners...